With the Green Hills family of operating system products, you can develop a software base that can evolve from low- to high-end products with little modification:
• µ-velOSity™ is ideal at the low end where minimal footprint, maximum speed, and low cost are paramount
• velOSity™ is a good fit where middleware and comprehensive board support packages are essential
• INTEGRITY® is the optimal choice for the high end where maximum reliability, safety and security are critical
This family of operating systems provides developers with a seamless migration path for future designs that grow in complexity and requirements. For example, if an application evolves to require virtual memory support (via the MMU on certain microprocessors), INTEGRITY can be substituted for velOSity or µ-velOSity with only minimal code changes.
By standardizing on Green Hills Software, your development teams can share:
• upwards-compatible application source base
• upwards-compatible operating system API
• common development toolset across the entire range of products
No other vendor provides the same level or range of operating system scalability.
Unlike other real-time operating systems that disable interrupts in every kernel service call, the velOSity kernel and INTEGRITY RTOS can guarantee the absolute minimum interrupt latency by never disabling interrupts. Not only do these RTOSes provide the minimum response time, but the absolute worst case response time is extremely fast and guaranteed.