ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
eCosPro-SecureShell - a Secure Shell (SSH™) daemon for the eCosPro RTOS
eCosPro-SecureShell provides an SSH-2 compatible Secure SHell daemon for eCosPro. This enables secure network access to embedded targets for configuration, control, data transfer and other purposes. The SSH protocol supports encryption to provide confidentiality and integrity of data, and uses public-key cryptography to authenticate incoming connections. Secure Shell clients are available for all mainstream host operating systems.
eCosPro-SecureShell is derived from the popular small footprint dropbear SSH server. It consists of the eCos port of dropbear, associated libtommath and libtomcrypt libraries, example extensible shell application, host-based utilities, and documentation.
* SSH-2 protocol compatible
* Both public-key and password authentication are supported
* DSS and RSA key authentication algorithms
* 3DES encryption algorithm supported, with AES128, AES256, blowfish, twofish128 and twofish256 also available
* For additional security, incoming connections can be restricted to specific networks or individual hosts
* Windows and Linux host tools are provided for conversion and generation of keys
* Compatible with OpenSSH generated keys
* Numerous eCos configuration options are provided to manage eCosPro-SecureShell's functionality, performance, and resource usage
* Resource usage can be further controlled by the application limiting the number of concurrent connections
* SSH event log messages are available to the application
* Includes extendable basic shell and hangman game examples
* The implementation is server side only and does not support agent or X11 forwarding, compression, scp, or sftp
Typical resource usage is around 110KB for code (architecture dependent), and a per connection overhead of around 30KB.
eCosPro-SecureShell is supplied as a standard installable and configurable eCos EPK module. Full source code and documentation are included along with engineering technical support. The license allows for an unlimited number of device types and deployed units, and is royalty free.