ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Universal Debug Engine represents a completely new and unique debugger architecture concept for XScale microcontrollers, based on a customizable set of standard components and core specific add-ons. UDE provides full-featured JTAG Support with emulator-like debug functionality like Hardware Breakpoints, Hardware Triggers, Trace Features and more.
Target communication via UAD2:
With a powerful 32bit Communication Unit based Universal Access Device 2 (UAD2), pls presents an extremely rapid and flexible communication tool to access a multitude of popular 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers. The unique combination of JTAG and CAN bus, measurements of a mere 13 x 8 x 3cm³, and a robust aluminum housing, predestine the UAD2 for mobile use in the field. A ground connector enables a common voltage reference between the target system and the UAD2. Because the supply input tolerates unregulated DC voltages from 7V to 25V, the development system is well suited for use in motor vehicles.
Target communication via UAD2+:
The access to the whole choice of XScale derivatives is supported by the Universal Access Device 2+, the new all in one add on interface hardware for Universal Debug Engine. UAD2+ offers the state of the art hardware support for debugging via JTAG and via a wide variety of target system access channels:
- Host connection via USB 2.0 and IEEE1394
- Galvanically isolated target interfaces
- Hardware accelerated JTAG bus with up to 1 MByte/sec download speed
- Build-in JTAG extender technology
- ETM Trace Support up to 150 MHz
- High-speed CAN bus with up to 1 Mbit/sec
- Support of the Serial and CAN monitor of UDE
- Complete tool suite for XScale.
The UDE/Memory Programming Tool is a customizable and stand-alone component of UDE and it is used in automatic/volume production, test systems or for simple evaluation purposes. UDE integrates high speed FLASH/OTP programming support for internal FLASH/OTP memories, external FLASH EPROM’s from AMD, Intel, ATMEL and any other JEDEC-compatible FLASH. UDE/MemTool can handle more than one memory module on the target system and is only using internal RAM for execution.
User Definable Enhancements:
Being an integrated part of UDE, the open interface for User Definable Enhancements enables you to easily create completely new types of applications:
- HTML Scripts based on standard UDE ActiveX Control and customer-specific controls together with PERL and JAVA scripts provide fully customized visualization and control.
- The Automation Interfaces of the UDE components even allow to use basic UDE services for controlling the debugger and processing target communication, program flow control and symbol processing by external C/C++, VisualBasic and VBA applications.
- Substitution of the UDE desktop client by a customized deskto