ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
UDE MemTool is designed for On-Chip FLASH programming and On-Board FLASH / OTP programming with microcontroller hardware systems using ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, XScale and Cortex derivatives.
The debugging tool Universal Debug Engine (UDE) features the On-Chip FLASH programming or external FLASH / OTP EPROM programming directly from within the Debugging Environment via the UDE MemTool Add-In.
Versions of MemTool
UDE MemTool Add-In .. is a part of the Universal Debug Engine (UDE) and allows the FLASH / OTP programming during the development cycle inside of UDE. MemTool observes the download path and runs the programming process when requested.
UDE Standalone MemTool .. comes with a separate front-end interface as standalone tool outside of UDE. All programming functions are available also via standard COM automation interfaces. Using these interfaces, the features of MemTool may be integrated into automatic production and test systems or can be executed via scripts.
- High-speed data communication by using the debug channel between target system and the debugging tool Universal Debug Engine based on the fast-PC6x or Access Device Communication Hardware
- Automatic adaptation of data to be programmed to the smallest memory block size by automatic read operations
- Easy-to-Use: FLASH programming is integrated in the debugger-to-target program download.
- Transparent Erase Mode: previous bank read and bank erase simulate random access for non-bytewise erasable FLASH memories
- MemTool GangProgrammer: programming FLASH memory devices simultaneously for saving time and optimizing the resource usage in production environments
With a full-custom MemTool, even more advanced features can be included into MemTool (e.g. integration into automatic production and test systems).