IAR visualSTATE® by IAR Systems
Software Validation and Verification
IAR visualSTATE® is a set of highly sophisticated and easy-to-use development tools for designing, testing and implementing embedded applications based on state machines. It provides advanced verification and validation utilities and generates very compact C/C++ code that is 100% consistent with your system design.
- Completely integrated development environment including a graphical designer, test tools, a code generator, and a documentation facility.
- Graphical state machine design based on the Unified Modeling Language (UML) state machine subset
- Formal verification of the design model to find unwanted properties in the design, like dead-ends or unreachable states etc.
- Test and validation tools to ensure at an early stage of design that the application behaves as expected, even before the hardware exists.
- Automatic code generation providing very compact C/C++ code, 100% compliant with the design.
- Automatic documentation generation with comprehensive information.
- Tightly integrated with IAR Embedded Workbench, ready-made project examples for various microcontrollers and evaluation boards.
Benefits of model-driven design
- Design an embedded application by drawing objects, events, actions etc, using the powerful notation of hierarchical UML state charts and state machines.
- Discuss the design and exchange ideas with others thanks to the model-driven design approach and the graphical design representation.
- Simulate and visualize your application to find mistakes early in the design cycle.
- Verify the logical consistency of your designs run-time model with the extremely powerful formal verificator.
- Perform extensive tests continuously and iteratively throughout your development: validation of the state machine behavior, regression testing and automatic test coverage reporting.
- Use the C-SPY® extension to do high-level debugging on hardware with feedback in the design domain, instead of fighting with low level implementation details.
- Automatically generate error-free micro-tight C/C++ code that is 100% consistent with your design.
- Easily add new functionality to an existing application as market requirements change.
- Maintain an existing application thanks to the accurate, structured documentation that is always in-sync with the final design.
IAR visualSTATE is the perfect tool for managing rising complexity in reactive, state based applications or parts of applications. All problems that are best described as state machines can be designed in visualSTATE, no matter the level of complexity. The test and verification tools guarantee the quality.
- ARM11 MPCore