ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
The eT-Kernel Multi-Core Edition is a real time operating system for next-generation embedded systems targeting multi-core environments. It is ideal for high-performance embedded systems such as digital home appliances, automobile devices, and mobile devices. This RTOS is loaded with features specific to multi-core environments, making software development utilizing the technology easier, even for first-time users.
Taking advantage of the capability of the ARM11 MPCore multi-core processor to support both symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) and asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) simultaneously, the eT-Kernel Multi-Core Edition integrates flexible scheduling technologies designed to maximize system performance. The eT-Kernel enables blended multiprocessing by offering two main scheduling modes: True SMP Mode (TSM) and Single Processor Mode (SPM). From this, software developers can benefit from both the dynamic load balancing and high throughput efficiency of SMP, and the more deterministic and fault-tolerant support of AMP. All this is within a single tightly-coupled multiprocessor solution supporting T-Kernel functions, T-Kernel Standard Extension APIs, and POSIX 1003.1. 2003.
For more information, please visit http://www.esol.co.jp/english/embedded/et-kernel_multicore-edition.html
- ARM11 MPCore support
- NEC NaviEngine iPD 35001F5-MN1 (ARM11 MPCore) BSP support
- Blended multiprocessing - Coexistence of SMP and AMP software
- Blended scheduling (TSM, SPM, SPM on TSM, SRL on TSM)
- Guarantees real time (deterministic) behavior
- Provides the optimum throughput for the entire system
- Uses common APIs for communication and synchronization between programs on different cores
- Smooth software migration from single core to multi-core environments
- Open-spec APIs
- Extensive POSIX support