ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Red Bend’s vRapid Mobile® is the market-leading solution for firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updating deployed in more than 1 Billion mobile phones and connected devices worldwide. vRapid Mobile improves the mobile user experience and reduces support costs by remotely updating device firmware with new functionality and software improvements. The solution manages key elements of the firmware update process:
• Identifies the essential changes from an existing version of firmware to a new, updated version
• Reduces the new updated firmware to a compact package, up to 97 percent smaller than can be achieved through other techniques, to enable efficient over-the-air delivery
• Installs the new firmware within the limited memory available on a wireless device
• Downloads and installs the new firmware update in the background while the device is fully operational
• Manages different versions of updated firmware and their deployment on a variety of devices.
vRapid Mobile is optimized for the ARM architecture, enabling device manufacturers and semiconductor vendors to more quickly integrate FOTA support into their products.