SoftRISC has unique specialization in implementation and optimization of multimedia software on RISC processors. These multimedia algorithms have been historically implemented on DSP chips as opposed to RISC.
SoftRISC employs innovative techniques in modifying the algorithm and its logic to conform to the target RISC processor architecture. There are several advantages to this RISC based s/w approach. For low end, high volume consumer market, this results in great savings – by eliminating a dedicated DSP chip or core, enabling a cost effective, power efficient end product and by increasing flexibility of a CPU based product in a highly cost sensitive market place.
Products & Integrated Solutions for Multimedia Solutions:
- MP3, MP3-Pro, AAC, AACplus, AC3, WMA
- MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV
- JPEG, JPEG 2000, Motion JPEG
SoftRISC also provides field deployed and robust VoIP and Fax software solutions.
Today’s communication solutions are predominantly implemented on a DSP processor. SoftRISC makes use of innovative techniques and strategies to implement various communication solutions on ARM RISC processors, such as the ARM7, ARM9, ARM10, and ARM11 core families. This leads to low-cost, optimized solutions and offers advantages such as:
- Simpler designs when DSP is eliminated
- Savings in power – vital for handheld devices
- Savings in PCB real estate
- Significant reduction in BOM cost
SoftRISC’s focus is on software solutions for niche, low-end, mass volume products that utilize the ARM architecture.
- VoIP chipsets, IP phones, Soft phone clients (PDA, PC, etc.)
- 802.11 VoWLAN (WiFi) phones
- PDA and handheld communication devices
- Integrated Access Devices (IAD)/Residential Gateways (ATA)
- Multimedia Chipsets & Set Top boxes, and Mobile Multimedia Products
- Cell Phones, cell phone chipsets for GSM, PHS, CDMA, 3G & combinations
- Toys with multimedia capabilities.
SoftRISC’s Alliances and Business Partners:
SoftRISC works closely with ARM and has close relationships with Intel, Microsoft, and with several leading ARM licensees to provide SoftRISC’s ARM technology-based software to these semiconductor companies and their OEMs. SoftRISC also has partners in Technology such as Thomson Multimedia, Commetrex, Fraunhofer Institute, etc. in-order to be able to provide best, field deployed solutions to its customers.
SoftRISC’s business model:
- SoftRISC is an IP licensing company. Intellectual Property can be licensed in various forms suitable to the customer – in object code, assembly code or C source code.
- SoftRISC is also open to other business models such as custom IP development, custom optimization of existing IP, etc. The implementation team at SoftRISC is also very knowledgeable in programming processor Platforms.