ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Coverity Prevent™ is the leading automated approach to identifying and resolving the most critical defects in C, C++ and Java source code. By providing a complete understanding of your build environment, source code, and development process, Prevent sets the standard for enabling high-quality software.
Static source code analysis allows organizations to find and fix defects at the earliest stage in the software development life cycle, saving millions of dollars in associated costs. Prevent is the industry standard because only Coverity understands the strict requirements of static source code analysis. Coverity's technology is a perfect complement to any ARM compiler.
Coverity Prevent™ is the world’s most advanced static software analysis tool designed to make software more reliable and secure. With Coverity Prevent™ developers and security auditors have all the needed technology to pinpoint and eliminate software defects that will improve time-to-market, increase customer satisfaction and reduce the risk of potential security holes.
With Coverity Prevent™ companies improve software quality and security by:
* Precisely pinpointing software bugs in new or legacy source code.
* Identifying potential software vulnerabilities that could
facilitate malicious attacks.
* Easily evaluating code developed by outsourcers.
* Defining quality and security metrics for code released into QA
or into the field.
Coverity Extend™ puts Coverity technology directly into hands of the user. Software is used to support increasingly complex and specialized business processes. To meet this challenge, companies and industries have created a vast array of specialized coding rules and policies. Failure to enforce these rules can in many instances lead to catastrophic software failures. Coverity Extend’s intuitive scripting language allows development teams to quickly implement new checks to target the bugs that they most care about. Finally, users will get all of the core set of software checks contained in Coverity Prevent.
With Coverity Extend, development teams can:
* Eliminate critical, product-specific defects
* Turn bugs hit in the field into preventative checks
* Enforce compliance with corporate coding policies
* Enforce industry coding standards (e.g. MISRA, DO-178B or FDA's
General Principles of Software Validation)
* Set up customized code audit processes, automating parts of
manual code reviews