ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
TI provides leading technology for innovators and is the industry’s most experienced provider of ARM® processors, having shipped over five billion ARM processor-based devices into a variety of applications that include video, imaging, multicore digital signal processors (DSP), safety critical automotive, wireless handsets and base stations. TI provides a breadth of silicon, software and support expertise that spans the broadest range of solutions from leading DSPs and applications processors to high-performance analog and broad microcontroller solutions.
Relevant to the ARM market are:
• The Sitara(TM) product family includes high performance ARM® Cortex™-A8 and ARM9® based embedded microprocessors with speeds ranging from 200 MHz to greater than 1GHz in future roadmap devices. Sitara processors offer a 100% software compatible roadmap from TI’s OMAP applications processors and the new Sitara MPUs provide designers:
- A system cost reduction of up to $10 through multiple on-chip peripherals including a CAN controller and EMAC
- High performance at sub-one Watt power levels
- Superior graphics capabilities
• DaVinci™ technology is a signal processing-based solution tailored for digital video applications that provides video equipment manufacturers with integrated processors, software, tools and support to simplify the design process and accelerate innovation. The portfolio of digital media processors based on DaVinci technology consists of scalable, programmable signal processing system on chips (SoCs), accelerators and peripherals, optimized to match the price, performance and feature requirements for a broad spectrum of video end equipments. The DaVinci technology portfolio includes TMS320DM644x, TMS320DM643x, TMS320DM647, TMS320DM648, TMS320DM355, and TMS320DM6467 digital media processors, each with peripherals optimized for a variety of video-based end equipments.
• TI´s OMAP™ platform delivers high performance, power efficient applications processors with a robust support network and software portfolio including open source. Target application areas include consumer entertainment, portable medical, automotive infotainment, industrial, wireless handsets and embedded applications. The complete OMAP™ 3 platform is based on the market’s first broad offering of the ARM® Cortex™-A8 processor and allows for differentiation and rapid development of portable applications that demand fast, full-page web browsing, HD 720p video record & playback, lifelike graphics and many other multimedia features. These devices offer a variety of combinations of the Cortex-A8 processor, multimedia-rich peripherals, OpenGL® ES 2.0 compatible graphics engine, video accelerators and more.