ARM Approved Training Center - Courses
Languages Training Offered In: English & GermanAreas of Training Expertise:
Provides vendor independent training in SoC design and verification languages & methodologies. Includes a range of ARM technology-based training courses including ARM11 and Cortex-M/R/A families.
ARM1176 SoC DesignSummary:
ARM1176 SoC Design is a 5-day comprehensive class covering the ARM architecture and instruction sets for ARM7 to ARM11 processor families, and in-depth tuition on ARM11 based SoC design - including the AMBA3.0 (AXI) interface and connection of IP blocks into an existing ARM11 System. Special features of the processor, such as debug features, initialisation and bottstrap, the v6 memory system and clocks and resets are also addressed.
What will you learn?
* Introduction to ARM processor architecture and pipelining
* RealView Development Suite (RVDS)
* ARM1176 processor
* ARM and Thumb instruction sets
* Exception handling
* ARM processor integration
* Hands-on use of development systems
* AMBA AHB, AXI and APB Protocol
* ARM1176 Memory Subsystem
* ARM1176 Memory Management
* ARMv6 Memory Types
* ARM1176 L1 and L2 Memory interface
* ARM1176 L2 Caches
* PrimeCell VIC interrupt controller
* ARM1136/1176 Interrupts
* Introduction to TrustZone
* Introduction to IEM
* ARM1176 clocks, resets and power management
* ARM1176 initialisation and bootstrap
* ARM processor simulation models
* ARM11 embedded core debug
* ARM1176 integration
All participants must be computer literate and have a basic understanding of the C programming language and a hardware description language such as VHDL or Verilog.
An in-depth knowledge of microprocessors is not essential, but would be advantageous.
* System design engineers
* Software design engineers
* Hardware design engineers..
..who wish to develop systems and applications based on ARM11 cores and AMBA 3.0 (AXI) based systems.[ Training Course list ]